[FreeNX-kNX] usb pen devices.

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Tue Feb 19 09:50:28 UTC 2008

>> I've tried EXPORT_USERIP="1" but I don't get the environment variable
>> on the client. :(
>>
>> Perhaps I should be using the freeNX client? (I'm using the !M client)
>> That also makes me wonder how (and when), I should set the ltsp variables:
>> server_ip_addr = $ENV{NXUSERIP}
>> WS=${NXUSERIP}
>> I need to set those right after the nxclient has logged on, correct?
>>
>> So, perhaps that is also easier with the freenx client.
>>
>> Could you post some more detail please?
>>
> Sorry. my mistake.
> I do get $NXUSERIP on the server
> And in the client I can see the server ip with
> $SSH_CONNECTION
>

>> Thanks.
>> Chrs.

So now you have $NXUSERIP environmental variable set on the server.
 >> That also makes me wonder how (and when), I should set the ltsp
variables:
 >> server_ip_addr = $ENV{NXUSERIP}
 >> WS=${NXUSERIP}
These variables are set IN the two scripts that I mentioned:
lbussd : my $server_ip_addr = $ENV{NXUSERIP};
lbus_event_handler.sh : WS=${NXUSERIP}
You just have to find those variables and change them like the line
above, because they are set with some other values that I don't
remember. After that you have to start these script when the user
session starts. I do that in a script /usr/env/lbus_start.sh that get
sourced/run with the KDE session. And you don't have to worry about the
variables, they are set automatically and the scripts know how to
connect to the thin/fat client.