[FreeNX-kNX] session suspend/resume

Bart Whiteley bwhiteley at novell.com
Tue Feb 12 07:03:44 UTC 2008

I've been using FreeNX and knx to provide a dual head display to my
laptop.  I run nxserver on the laptop, and run knx on a dual head
workstation.  The problem with this approach is that I have to log in to
a new session each time I attach with knx, and I also have to log in on
the laptop whenever I use the laptop away from the workstation.  I would
prefer to be able to attach to the same session either directly from the
laptop, or from the dual head workstation.  This way I don't have to
close and restart applications when I switch from using the laptop
alone, to using the workstation to access the laptop.

The FreeNX web site indicates that this usage scenario is possible [1],
but doesn't go into sufficient detail for me to be able to set it up.
Can someone tell me how to get session suspend/resume working?

I'm using SUSE 10.3, and I have the following packages installed:
FreeNX, NX, knx.  Do I need to use a different client?

[1]
http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ/Usage_Scenarios