[FreeNX-kNX] NX Client and Local Devices (usb-key, usb-hd ...)

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Mon Feb 11 22:50:18 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-02-11 at 21:18 +0100, Mirco Piccin wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm using FreeNX 0.7.1 together with Thinstation 2.2.1 rc4.
> Thinclients boot on lan and start a full-screen NX session.
>
> All works perfectly, except for one thing:
> local devices
>
> I'm not able to make local devices visible to user (usb-key,
> usb-hd...); if i understand well, i should work with SHARE and  SMB,
> but any help will be appreciated.

well,  I haven't used ThinStation myself (looking into it now,
though :p), maybe info from these two pages could help?

	http://thinstation.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/ThHowto-nxsettings

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2005-December/002712.html

If you could share your findings on the FreeNX Wiki (look at the bottom
of this mail), including the setup & config of ThinStation, it would be
nice & appreciated. (As you probably have noticed, there isn't alot of
info about this).

Maybe someone else have some experience to share on this issue, and
ThinStation in relation to FreeNX? :-)

	/Terje