[FreeNX-kNX] Can't complete connection

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 4 15:09:17 UTC 2008

Alastair Johnson wrote:
> On Monday 04 February 2008, Jim wrote:
>
>> Fedora 8 i386 box connecting to a F8,x86_64 box
>> I have NX connecting to one computer with no problems, but I have this
>> X86_64 box that can start connection buts times-out.
>> Below is the details of connection attempts;
>>

> Please enable logging on the server as described in the FAQ (link in the
> footer) then repost with the server and session logs from the server end as
> well. It would also be useful to know the versions of the RPMs installed.

Is this what you were referring to ?

      Turning on logging

In /etc/nxserver/node.conf set the following:

        NX_LOG_LEVEL=6
        SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0

The first line sets the log level for the log in /var/log/nxserver.log.
The second stops the server from clearing the logs in the user's home
directory. Check <home_dir>/.nx/<C or
F>-<server_name>-<display_port>-<session_id>/ for log files errors and
session.

I'm running the following RPM's
nxclient-3.1.0-2.x86_64.rpm
nxnode-3.1.0-5.x86_64.rpm
nxserver-3.1.0-4.x86_64.rpm

I don't have a /var/log/nxserver.log , but I do have a
~/.nx/temp/9896/runlog file , listed below