[FreeNX-kNX] Can't complete connection

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Mon Feb 4 15:15:07 UTC 2008

On Monday 04 February 2008, Jim wrote:
> Alastair Johnson wrote:
> > On Monday 04 February 2008, Jim wrote:
> >> Fedora 8 i386 box connecting to a F8,x86_64 box
> >> I have NX connecting to one computer with no problems, but I have this
> >> X86_64 box that can start connection buts times-out.
> >> Below is the details of connection attempts;
> >
> > Please enable logging on the server as described in the FAQ (link in the
> > footer) then repost with the server and session logs from the server end
> > as well. It would also be useful to know the versions of the RPMs
> > installed.
>
> Is this what you were refering to ?
> my conf files are in ~/.nx , nothing in /etc .
>

>       Turning on logging
>
> In /etc/nxserver/node.conf set the following:
>
>         NX_LOG_LEVEL=6
>         SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0
>
> The first line sets the log level for the log in /var/log/nxserver.log.
> The second stops the server from clearing the logs in the user's home
> directory. Check <home_dir>/.nx/<C or
> F>-<server_name>-<display_port>-<session_id>/ for log files errors and
> session

Yes, that's what I was referring to. You should have directory /etc/nxserver/
containing at least node.conf.sample on the server as this should be created
when you install the FreeNX RPM on FC8, or at least it did on my x86_64 box.

You can find the package versions installed using:
	rpm -qa |grep -i nx