[FreeNX-kNX] 64b CentOS 4.6 - disconnect/terminate don't work

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Aug 25 03:41:13 UTC 2008

> 1. The problem I mentioned earlier is fixed, I can now
> disconnect/terminate
> a session.
> However I have another issue: when connecting to a session (new or
> resumed)
> the NX client keeps a window saying "negotiating link parameters" even
> after
> the session is started. After ~1min the NX session is automatically closed
> (suspended).The NX server log is saying:

Seems to me like Disable SSL encryption is on or the negotiating link params bug, which does not occur on session startup though.

The later is fixed in 0.7.3.

> NX> 596 Error: Session  failed. Reason was: Session: Display failure
> detected at 'Tue Aug 19 20:36:10 2008'.
> NX> 1009 Session status: suspending
> NX> 1005 Session status: suspended
>
> Here is my config:
>
> distribuition: CentOS 4.6, 64 bits
>
> freenx-0.7.2-3.el4.centos
> nx-3.2.0-8.el4.centos
>
> 2. I can not start any shadow session, the NX client message is
>
> NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 4988
> NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
> NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
> NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
> ssh: connect to host xxx.yyy port 22: Connection refused

Fixed in 0.7.3.

> 3. When using the Nomachine server (the free version) I get a list of
> available suspended sessions when connecting, and I'm presented with
> several
> an
> already existing session. When using the freenx server I don't get these
> options, I'm directly connected to the suspended session. Do youy know
> why?

Auto-Reconnect = 1 is on in session.nxs. (Yes, that really _is_ the solution).

Try to use another name for the session. (Yes, it matters).

Best Wishes,

Fabian