[FreeNX-kNX] 64b CentOS 4.6 - disconnect/terminate don't work

Adrian Coman adrian at trustic.eu
Tue Aug 19 17:49:06 UTC 2008

1. The problem I mentioned earlier is fixed, I can now disconnect/terminate
a session.
However I have another issue: when connecting to a session (new or resumed)
the NX client keeps a window saying "negotiating link parameters" even after
the session is started. After ~1min the NX session is automatically closed
(suspended).The NX server log is saying:

NX> 596 Error: Session  failed. Reason was: Session: Display failure
detected at 'Tue Aug 19 20:36:10 2008'.
NX> 1009 Session status: suspending
NX> 1005 Session status: suspended

Here is my config:

distribuition: CentOS 4.6, 64 bits

freenx-0.7.2-3.el4.centos
nx-3.2.0-8.el4.centos

2. I can not start any shadow session, the NX client message is

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 4988
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
ssh: connect to host xxx.yyy port 22: Connection refused

3. When using the Nomachine server (the free version) I get a list of
available suspended sessions when connecting, and I'm presented with several
already existing session. When using the freenx server I don't get these
options, I'm directly connected to the suspended session. Do youy know why?

Thanks,
Adrian