[FreeNX-kNX] 64b CentOS 4.6 - disconnect/terminate don't work

Adrian Coman adrian at trustic.eu
Mon Aug 25 09:05:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Fabian Franz <FabianFranz at gmx.de> wrote:

> > 1. The problem I mentioned earlier is fixed, I can now
> > disconnect/terminate
> > a session.
> > However I have another issue: when connecting to a session (new or
> > resumed)
> > the NX client keeps a window saying "negotiating link parameters" even
> > after
> > the session is started. After ~1min the NX session is automatically
> closed
> > (suspended).The NX server log is saying:
>
> Seems to me like Disable SSL encryption is on or the negotiating link
> params bug, which does not occur on session startup though.
>
> The later is fixed in 0.7.3.

I searched the FreeNX list and I found that somebody else had this issue,
which was provoked by the sshd.exe which was still running after the session
was closed. There was also a patch suggested by you Fabrice which I'm using
now. Is this issue also fixd in 0.7.3 ?

> > 3. When using the Nomachine server (the free version) I get a list of
> > available suspended sessions when connecting, and I'm presented with
> > several
> > an
> > already existing session. When using the freenx server I don't get these
> > options, I'm directly connected to the suspended session. Do youy know
> > why?
>
> Auto-Reconnect = 1 is on in session.nxs. (Yes, that really _is_ the
> solution).

Well, then why is this parameter "true" in the session/nxs for FreeNX and
not for the Non-Free NX ? Indeed I saw that when connecting from other
machine the session selection dialog appears, which is propably because the
session name is different.