[FreeNX-kNX] Help with FreeNX

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Wed Apr 30 21:22:03 UTC 2008

There is nothing obviously wrong in the Arch wiki. The ssh key locations look
odd to me as a Gentoo and Fedora user, but they each use different locations
too. The /opt/NX path is similar to that used by nomachine's nxserver which
is why I thought you might have had that installed the first time you
reported problems.

The service not being available suggests an ssh authentication problem. Either
you have provided the wrong key when configuring the client, or the server is
not configured to use the key files for the nx user. The FAQ has a section on
how to check the ssh configuration about a third of the way down this page:

http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ/Server

Once you have the ssh configuration and keys sorted out it might just work :-)
If it doesn't then enable logging as described in the link below, and post
logs from both /var/log/nxserver.log and ~/.nx/F-*/session and errors on the
server, and the details of failure as shown by the client. Those will usually
give enough information to work out what's failing.

http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=FreeNX_FAQ/Problem_Solving