[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX without encryption

Ricardo ricardomoura at ncs.com.br
Tue Apr 15 15:09:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

I ran FreeNX over a slow link with over 10+ users. In this scenario i need
to disable NX encryption for performance issues. I tried FreeNX 0.7.1 and
0.7.2 with both NX 2.1 and 3.1 backends and both simple doesnt connect when
i disable encryption in the (Nomachine) NX client. I've followed the FreeNX
install instructions (the easy and real way - in fact, with encryption
ENABLED it works like a sharm) exactly as describe in the manual, with no
luck. The weird part is that when i connect locally (i.e: from the same
machine running FreeNX) i CAN connect with encryption disable, but when i
try to connect from another machine in the same network (FYI: both haven't
any kind of firewall) it wont work.

I found a weird thing in the NX Client 'detail' error button, check it out:

the machine running NX server has IP: 192.168.200.4
the machine connectin' in the NX server has IP: 192.168.200.8

Nomachine NX client error 'detail' shows :

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '20472'.
Session: Starting session at 'Tue Apr 15 11:53:30 2008'.
Info: Connecting to remote host '192.168.200.8:5000'.
Info: Aborting the procedure due to signal '15'.
Session: Session terminated at 'Tue Apr 15 11:54:04 2008'.

See it ? the client tries to connect in his own IP instead of the server ip
(192.168.200.4)

I'm pretty sure that's the problem, but i have no idea in how to fix this.

Has anyone ?

TIA
Ricardo