[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx 0.7.2 + !M NX 3.2.0?

Al Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Thu Apr 17 16:38:01 UTC 2008

On Thursday 17 April 2008 16:34:30 Maciej Sieczka wrote:
> > Gentoo ebuilds are already available - many thanks to the maintainer :-)
> > For other distros you could probably modify the existing source packages
> > to use the new sources if the binaries aren't already available.
>
> That worked like a charm. On Ubuntu Gutsy I did the following:
>
> - purge current NX server instalation
>
> - fetch relevant tar.gz's from http://www.nomachine.com/sources.php
>
> - add
> deb http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu gutsy main
> deb-src http://www.datakeylive.com/ubuntu gutsy main
>
> to /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> - sudo apt-get build-dep nxlibs
>
> - apt-get source nxlibs
>
> - in the source directory tweak few files/dirs names/content a bit to
> comply with NX 3.2.0 sources
>
> - replace NX 3.1.0 source tar.gz's with their 3.2.0 counterparts
>
> - debuild, install debs it builds
>
> - sudo apt-get install freenx-server
>
> - install the !M nxclient 3.2.0 on client machines
>
> Voila. Indeed NX 3.2 fixes the bug
> http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR12E01973. Though some other
> issues with transparent vectors rendering in QGIS, in modes other than
> LAN, remain. Oh well.
>
> Maciek

Glad the source rebuild worked, even if it didn't fix all your problems.
Congratulations! You've just become a packager ;-) I'm sure there are some
Ubuntu users out there who would love to share your packages!

Does anyone know if Ubuntu has a policy problem with NX like Debian do? Has
anyone tried submitting packages for inclusion in the Ubuntu repositories?