[FreeNX-kNX] Author wanted for Linux Magazine

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sat Oct 27 10:41:18 UTC 2007

Jens-Christoph Brendel wrote:
> *Kurt Pfeifle* k1pfeifle at gmx.net
> <mailto:freenx-knx%40kde.org?Subject=%5BFreeNX-kNX%5D%20Author%20wanted%20for%20Linux%20Magazine&In-Reply-To=200710241529.21375.lists%40feilner-it.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I only know why *I* don't respond. It's because I don't like to be
>> let down, and don't like to repeat unpleasant experiences of the
>> past, and don't like to put in lots of work in writing to be only
>> met with silence by the editors and without ever getting any actual
>> feedback any more, and don't like to be treated with contemptous
>> disrespect....
>
>> No thanks.
>
> I wouldn't really want to let that comment stand unanswered.
> It is - politely speaking - unobjective and definitively not
> the truth. But this list is not the right place to discuss a
> three or four years old disagreement.

I doubt you *know* anything about it from first hand experience.

> For that reason it is
> not my intention to explain our standpoint here. Just one note:
> We work regularly with hundreds of authors around the world.
> They are satisfied. You are an exception and I wonder if we
> are the reason for that.

OK, keep wondering then....

For everybody else: my statement was mainly meant to tell you that *I*
don't have any ambition to do any write up in this case (and I worded
it like that as well).

It was meant to clear everybody else's way who may have thought about
throwing his hat into the ring, but who hesitated because s/he may have
thought "That's Kurt's privilege".

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS