[FreeNX-kNX] Author wanted for Linux Magazine

Jens-Christoph Brendel jbrendel at linuxnewmedia.de
Sat Oct 27 11:14:38 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 12:41 +0200, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Jens-Christoph Brendel wrote:
> > *Kurt Pfeifle* k1pfeifle at gmx.net
> > <mailto:freenx-knx%40kde.org?Subject=%5BFreeNX-kNX%5D%20Author%20wanted%20for%20Linux%20Magazine&In-Reply-To=200710241529.21375.lists%40feilner-it.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I only know why *I* don't respond. It's because I don't like to be
> >> let down, and don't like to repeat unpleasant experiences of the
> >> past, and don't like to put in lots of work in writing to be only
> >> met with silence by the editors and without ever getting any actual
> >> feedback any more, and don't like to be treated with contemptous
> >> disrespect....
> >
> >> No thanks.
> >
> > I wouldn't really want to let that comment stand unanswered.
> > It is - politely speaking - unobjective and definitively not
> > the truth. But this list is not the right place to discuss a
> > three or four years old disagreement.
>
> I doubt you *know* anything about it from first hand experience.

Please check your own mails from September 2004, addressed to
redaktion at linux-magazin.de. They are still in my inbox and the people
you talked to these days are one or two doors away from office.

> > For that reason it is
> > not my intention to explain our standpoint here. Just one note:
> > We work regularly with hundreds of authors around the world.
> > They are satisfied. You are an exception and I wonder if we
> > are the reason for that.
>
> OK, keep wondering then....
>
> For everybody else: my statement was mainly meant to tell you that *I*
> don't have any ambition to do any write up in this case (and I worded
> it like that as well).
>
> It was meant to clear everybody else's way who may have thought about
> throwing his hat into the ring, but who hesitated because s/he may have
> thought "That's Kurt's privilege".

The privilege to play the tragic avenger? :)
I think this speaks for itself, it's unecessary to comment.

Jens-Christoph

--
Jens-Christoph Brendel

=  Editor in Chief               Linux Technical Review =
Linux New Media AG      |        Phone:  +49 89 9934 1146
Süskindstr. 4           |        Fax:    +49 89 9934 1199
81929 München, Germany  |        Mobile: +49 163 356 2561

M jbrendel at linuxnewmedia.de W http://www.linuxnewmedia.de

Linux New Media         |  Lawrence - Malaga - Manchester
The Pulse of Linux      |  München - Sao Paulo -Timisoara
                                      Warszawa
Sitz der Gesellschaft:     Süskindstraße 4, 81929 München
Amtsgericht München:                           HRB 129161
Vorstand:               Rosemarie Schuster, Hermann Plank
Aufsichtsratsvorsitz:                       Rudolf Strobl