[FreeNX-kNX] Author wanted for Linux Magazine

Tom Barber tom at wamonline.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 09:48:45 UTC 2007

Jens-Christoph Brendel wrote:
> *Kurt Pfeifle* k1pfeifle at gmx.net
> <mailto:freenx-knx%40kde.org?Subject=%5BFreeNX-kNX%5D%20Author%20wanted%20for%20Linux%20Magazine&In-Reply-To=200710241529.21375.lists%40feilner-it.net>
> wrote:
>

>> I only know why *I* don't respond. It's because I don't like to be
>> let down, and don't like to repeat unpleasant experiences of the
>> past, and don't like to put in lots of work in writing to be only
>> met with silence by the editors and without ever getting any actual
>> feedback any more, and don't like to be treated with contemptous
>> disrespect....
>>

>> No thanks.
>>

> I wouldn't really want to let that comment stand unanswered.
> It is - politely speaking - unobjective and definitively not
> the truth. But this list is not the right place to discuss a
> three or four years old disagreement. For that reason it is
> not my intention to explain our standpoint here. Just one note:
> We work regularly with hundreds of authors around the world.
> They are satisfied. You are an exception and I wonder if we
> are the reason for that.
>
> regards
>
> Jens-Christoph

I'd just like to chime in that I've never had any problem with the
written media, I've written plenty over the years and always been happy
with the treatment I've received. That said sadly my knowledge of FreeNX
is limited to configuration and general usage, so I'm not your guy. But
good luck anyway.

Tom