[FreeNX-kNX] NoMachine/FreeNX Resume Issues

John Medway, Rim Semiconductors jmedway at rimsemi.com
Fri Oct 19 20:25:58 UTC 2007

At 11:52 AM 10/19/2007, Fabian Franz wrote:
> > I've got two Fedora 6 machines happily running the freenx server packaged
> > for Fedora (freenx-0.7.0-1.fc6), and two Windows machines with the
> > noMachine client (3.0.0-83). Works fairly well, except the resume
> > functionality can be a bit wonky.
> >
> > When I start a session connected to my home machine from the office, I can
> > suspend it, resume it, and all's well. I take my laptop home, but from
> > there I can not resume that same session from the local LAN. It's listed
> > as
> > "Not Available".
>
>Availability depends on the machines having the same color depth as this
>issue is not yet fixed in nxagent / Xorg. The "fix" would be to provide
>always a 32-bit display to applications and down-calculating it to the
>resulting depth of the X-Server.
>
>So using the same color depth should work.
>
>cu
>
>Fabian

The client is being started on the same laptop, selecting the same profile,
so the color depth should be the same. I don't see where I can control
color depth from the NoMachine client, though I do have the aspect ration
set to be of usable size for the monitor at either location, or for the
laptop alone.