[FreeNX-kNX] NoMachine/FreeNX Resume Issues

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 20:55:29 UTC 2007

> The client is being started on the same laptop, selecting the same
> profile,
> so the color depth should be the same.

Yes, I agree.

> I don't see where I can control
> color depth from the NoMachine client, though I do have the aspect ration
> set to be of usable size for the monitor at either location, or for the
> laptop alone.

That is really strange, I'll show you the code how I determine availability:

[ "$udepth" = "$depth" -a "$urender" = "$render" ] && available=$(getparam status)

status normally is "running" or "suspended".

udepth is determined from screeninfo="1024x768x16+render" (initial screeninfo)

And this screeninfo is compared with the "geometry" parameter send by the client. (like 1280x1024x16+render)

If you give me the client logs of the first connect and the failed resume or the server logs of a failed resume, I might be able to determine what is going wrong.

cu

Fabian