[FreeNX-kNX] NoMachine/FreeNX Resume Issues

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 18:52:36 UTC 2007

> I've got two Fedora 6 machines happily running the freenx server packaged
> for Fedora (freenx-0.7.0-1.fc6), and two Windows machines with the
> noMachine client (3.0.0-83). Works fairly well, except the resume
> functionality can be a bit wonky.
>
> When I start a session connected to my home machine from the office, I can
> suspend it, resume it, and all's well. I take my laptop home, but from
> there I can not resume that same session from the local LAN. It's listed
> as
> "Not Available".

Availability depends on the machines having the same color depth as this issue is not yet fixed in nxagent / Xorg. The "fix" would be to provide always a 32-bit display to applications and down-calculating it to the resulting depth of the X-Server.

So using the same color depth should work.

cu

Fabian