[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX fails to work under Fedora Core 8

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Mon Oct 15 23:46:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 21:11 +0200, Ronald wrote:
> When I try to connect to the box, the errors are as follows:
>
> Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/Speedo/, removing from list!
> nxagentRealizeFont: WARNING! Can't load font 'fixed' with X connection
> not available.
>
> Fatal server error:
> could not open default font 'fixed'

I'm not accustomed to Fedora, but on Ubuntu 6.10, I had to link the
fonts into the right place (where nxagent looks) like this:
ln -s /usr/share/fonts/X11/* /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/

maybe you can adjust this to Fedora 8, so that nxagent can find the
'fixed' font?

> I tried to install all the fonts there are for Fedora (these were 111 packages):
>
> yum -y install font* *font *font*

Don't think the problem lays in that the font 'fixed' is actually
missing, it's more that nxagent looks in the "wrong"/"old" places...

you could, if all else fails, try to debug with strace, or it's like, to
see where nxagent _actually_ looks for the 'fixed' font.

/Terje