[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX fails to work under Fedora Core 8

Ronald ronald645 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 10:32:50 UTC 2007

Thanks for the suggestion. But It still won't work after this try. You
were right about the fact that the fonts were there but not where nx
looks. I managed to track down the location of the 'fixed' font:

/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc/

The fonts.dir displays lines like this:

4x6-ISO8859-5.pcf.gz -misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--6-60-75-75-c-40-iso8859-5
And many more...

So I can assume that the files that are listed 4x6-ISO8859-5.pcf.gz are
the fonts? In that case it means it's installed. So I tried symlinking it:

ln -s /usr/share/X11/fonts/misc /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc

But I get the exact same error. I attached some relevant data to the mail.