[FreeNX-kNX] Slow windows in NXClient for MS Windows version

Olivier ARNAUD olivier.arnaud at trialys.fr
Fri Oct 5 11:12:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

Having installed the latest Nomachine Nxclients (nxclient_3.0.0) on an
Ubunutu PC, a Windows XP PC and a Windows Vista PC, I am noticing a very
anoying latency on Window clients.

When I am in a NX session (on whichever MS Windows client) the windows I
move are slaggy, by opposed to the Linux client where everything I move
goes really smoothly as if I were executing locally. (My configuration
files are identical)

During my windows sessions I noticed a 100% CPU consumption of NXwin.exe
every time I move something (whatever object on the screen).

I have tried to change the display custom settings, the screen size
(full screen, available area, 1024x... etc..), I disabled the zlib
compression all without success.

I saw a similar issue described in the Nomachine KB but it applies only
when in full screen.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks
Olivier