[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent failed to start with: NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on display

Mark Scheufele mark.scheufele at diasemi.com
Tue Oct 2 07:34:19 UTC 2007

Hi Fabian,

thanks for answering my questions. The machine where I am running freeNX
does have kde and gnome installed. I also already tried custom commands
like /usr/bin/xterm (also the sleep command). Yet the behaviour is
always the same. The output of nxloadconfig --check is

[root at nblin3 log]# nxloadconfig --check
Error: Invalid value
"APPLICATION_LIBRARY_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libX11.so.6.2:/usr/lib/libXext.so.
6.4:/usr/lib/libXcomp.so.1:/usr/lib/libXcompext.so.1:/usr/lib/libXrender
.so.1.2"
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.

  Errors occured during config check.
  Please correct the configuration file.

It would be great if you could give me another hint on how to solve the
problem.

Thanks in advance,

mark