[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent failed to start with: NXAGENT: Fatal IO error on display

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Oct 2 13:24:48 UTC 2007

> Hi Fabian,
>
> thanks for answering my questions. The machine where I am running freeNX
> does have kde and gnome installed. I also already tried custom commands
> like /usr/bin/xterm (also the sleep command). Yet the behaviour is
> always the same. The output of nxloadconfig --check is

Hm, ... Let me think.

If you have the "sleep 10m" is the sleep command still running even though the agent already died?

You can try to strace the agent and see where it gets killed ... (hm, but my feeling tells me that this won't give some new information) ...

Try adding "set -x" at the beginning of nxnode (before the "# Read the config file" ) and send the nxserver.log to the list again or paste it to pastebin.org or some other paste service.

With that information I can at least tell you, where nxagent gets killed and perhaps we can then find the cause of the problem.

cu

Fabian