[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot load long webpage in NX

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Wed Mar 28 09:50:38 UTC 2007

> -noshmem might work, though I don't know.
> -extension "MIT-SHM"
> So, please report back and if it works, add it to the FAQ.
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

Just made some tests and nothing helps.
First I added -extension "MIT-SHM" option to local (thin client) Xorg - no
difference, then I added -noshmem to nxagent on the server ... again no
difference ... finally did it both on the server and client - again no
difference. My test environment is:
(server side)
nxagent		1.4.92+1.5.0-11ubuntu1
freenx		0.5-1X1 (from svn with some patches from me)
(thin client side)
xserver-xorg	7.0.0-0ubuntu45

What I do is to open a pdf file with kpdf and scroll down page by page and
watch how memory on the thin client is going down ... till Xorg on thin
client crashes :)

I don't know how to proceed with this problem, now we have about 25-30 thin
clients and they will be about 150 and more in a couple of months, all the
clients have 256MB sdram because of this problem. If I use less than that,
crashes happen more often. If i find a solution to this problem I can spare
at least 128MB per thin client.
May be Fabian is right about looking (and modifying) in the source of Xorg.
May be this is the only solution. i hope not ...