[FreeNX-kNX] Cannot load long webpage in NX

Bushkov Evgeniy protectorat at mail.ru
Wed Mar 28 08:46:21 UTC 2007

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:02:30 +0200
> From: Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl>
> Subject: [FreeNX-kNX] Cannot load long webpage in NX
> To: freenx-knx at kde.org
>
> Hello,
>
> A cutomer of me cannot load an URL. When he does it, he cannot move his
> mouse or use his keyboard anymore, he needs to reboot his thinclient (an
> old PC). This is the URL:
> http://www.nobco.nl/dp/coach_list.html?spec=39&stype=ss
>
> When I login remotely to his server with NXclient, I do not have this
> problem. It's a long page and it takes some time to load, but I do not
> have a problem.
>
> My customer has 2 GB RAM and I have 1 GB RAM. Very strange.
> My custumor has tried this on 2 clients (old Pentium3 PC's).
>
> What can be wrong at my customer?
>
> Are there memory limits for a session and can I change this limit?
> My customer says that sometimes Acrobat Reader is very slow too.
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.
>

> -- http://www.vandervlis.nl/
Problem solving is not found. Offender here is Xorg in thinclient. I
post this message in Thinstation mailing list ":Using Thinstation 2.2
(or/and any erlier) Xorg leak with NX. When I run Firefox in NX session
with KDE and get big web page with images Xorg`size begin to grow up
until it consume all memory. Then thin client hang. But when I using NX
with vnc all working fine. I search resolving of this problem long time.
Anybody know what i can do?" But in VNC there is a problem for me with
Wine: keymap switching working not correctly, probably problem is lack
of xkb extension in nxviewer.

Zhen