[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Sound

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Fri Mar 16 09:31:07 UTC 2007

Hi
As you have found without nxesd there is no sound ;)
About the compression unfortunately I think there is no compression at all for
the music, it is streamed straight to the client making a lot of traffic ...
it is fine in local LAN or even in high speed internet connection but I don't
know if it works in low speed connections ... right now I listen to music and
there is about 200-300kB traffic between the client and the server.
There were a discussion about this topic a while ago in the lists, you can
find it if you are interested in multimedia through NX.