[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and Sound

Joseph Jamieson jjamieson at FutureFoundations.com
Fri Mar 16 02:43:24 UTC 2007

Thanks Dimitar.

So, you need nxesd working to get sound.  I didn't even know it existed
- I haven't worked with anything like esd before.  Looking at it now, it
appears nxesd didn't compile correctly on one machine and it's giving me
unresolved symbols on another one.   So, that's gotta be it.

I'm guessing that when nxesd runs, anything that can use "esound" would
be able to utilize this, and nxesd will forward the audio out to the
client.   What does it do to encode the audio?  Does it use any sort of
compression?  There's really no options in the nxclient - "on" and "off"
appear to be the options.

Thanks, you've pointed me in the right direction.

> http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03D00355
>
> I dunno why this article cannot be found via google ...
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

Unfortunately, that's another "click it and it will work!" help
document.  It doesn't even mention nxesd or how it works.

- Joe