[FreeNX-kNX] Load balancing with FreeNX

Prakash Velayutham Prakash.Velayutham at cchmc.org
Thu Jun 21 19:27:21 UTC 2007

Prakash Velayutham wrote:
> Hello,
> Could someone here explain how to configure load balancing in FreeNX?
> have followed the document and setup my main FreeNX entry server and
> load-balanced FreeNX servers behind it. But I see some issues. My
> is on OpenSUSE-10.2, NX-1.5.0-73, FreeNX-0.6.
> Here is a relevant portion of node.conf.
> LOAD_BALANCE_SERVERS="headnode.chmccorp.cchmc.org cellulose.cchmc.org"

Some hints.
1. increase log verbosity
2. while u connect  tail -f /var/log/nxserver.log

observe for the messages see whats going on.
(i hope u already doing that).

Its basically possible and we have a load balanced
setup using FreeNX 0.6.

u also need a shared storage for the session data
i hope u taking care of that.

we have however used the "load" algo which is bit
complex setup.

all the best.

> Thanks,
> Prakash

Hi Mallah,

Could you please explain a little bit more about the shared session
storage and how you have it setup? I saw a document saying either we can
setup forwarding on all the FreeNX backend servers to forward all the
requests to the frontend load-balance server or setup shared sessions. I
tried doing "forwarding" from the slave servers to the frontend server,
but did not see any difference.