[FreeNX-kNX] Negotiating Link Parameters

Joe Baker joebaker at nelfc.com
Thu Jul 26 15:35:04 UTC 2007

jim tate wrote the following on 07/24/2007 04:02 PM:
> Running NX on a remote client that worked fine. until,
> I installed a Linksys WRT54G router in front of the remote client and
> did a "Port Forwarding"
> in the Linksys to the remote client, and I can communicate perfectly
> with remote client using SSH -X in Linux, Both Computers are Fedora
> Linux, but when I run NX to connect, it says
> "Authenticating Completed" then when it says it is "Negotiating Link
> Parameters"
> and it fails to connect.

Hi Jim,

I have seen this Negociating Link Parameters thing from time to time
which causes a timeout.  Sometimes even after the screen comes up and is
usable.  I think it has something to do with a past client session still
running.  It's easiest to ask the user to log out of their local desktop
session (killing off old NXclient session processes).  After logging
back in they seem to be able to login again.

-Joe