[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient loop (OT, slightly)

Mario Fux foxman at lugo.ch
Mon Jan 15 20:57:29 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2006 11.58 schrieb Verner Kjærsgaard:
> Hi list and Mario,

Good morning for the long delay.

> - how to you (automatically) fire up the NX-client on the minimal X-server
> client machines. I've done a similiar setup, it's just that I'm afraid that
> my method of autostarting the NX client on my minimal clients is clumsy...

Mine is clumsy too I think ;-).

But here are the files:

.xinitrc of the clients:
xsetroot -solid black
numlockx on

export USER="" && /usr/NX/bin/nxclient --session
"/home/stduser/.nx/config/Anmelden.nxs"

sleep 2

while true;
        do if ! pidof nxssh &> /dev/null;
        then break;
        fi;
        sleep 1;
done;

And this in .bash_profile:

while true;
        do xinit;
        sleep 1;
done;

I have got an automatic login of this user on the clients.

HIH
Mario