[FreeNX-kNX] opneSuse 10.2 & NX

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Sat Feb 17 09:37:06 UTC 2007

Fredag 16 februar 2007 22:38 skrev Freek de Kruijf:
> Op vrijdag 16 februari 2007 20:17, schreef Verner Kjærsgaard:
> > Fredag 16 februar 2007 18:15 skrev Freek de Kruijf:

> > > Use the above URL to add as a Yast repository; without "i586/". After
> > > that goto Yast -> Software and install pakket FreeNX, which requires
> > > NX. If you want to test locally, also install pakket knx or download
> > > the Linux client from NoMachine.
> > >
> > > See also http://en.opensuse.org/FreeNX_Server_HOWTO
> >
> > Hi list,
> >
> > - this is what I get; mind you, I double-double checked the adress and
>
> all...
>
> > "Unknown Error: Downloading metadata failed (is YUM source?) or did not
>
> accept
>
> > remote source. Aborting refresh"
>
> This looks like you are using "Zenwork update", sometimes that does not
> work. So apparently you did not follow the above recipe. If you really use
> Yast, and Yast alone, you don't get this error. At least I did not get this
> error, and I succeeded using Yast to update NX and qtnx.
> In Yast you add a repository by going to "Installation resources", clicking
> "Add", chosing HTTP and after that inserting "software.opensuse.org" as the
> server and "download/NX/openSUSE_10.2" as the directory.
> Then you go in Yast to Software, search for "nx". Then I saw some text
> lines in blue, meaning that a newer version was found. Click a number of
> times on the checkbox in front of the blue text line until you have the
> update icon there. Then click on Accept.

Hi again,

- I do appreciate your help !

- But part of the problem is, that I've added quite a few other fine
repositories to YaST allready without problems. So I think (?) I know how to
do :-)

Now, I've not changed anything i this SuSE10.2, it's plain vanilla. So, I did
not change/indstall/uninstall anything regarding package installation and so
forth.
Hell, I can't even uncheck "Sync with Zenwork", it keeps coming on.
And, I keep getting the idiot message I report.
I don't think there is anything wrong to the path given by you, in fact I can
use Konqueror (or what ever) to check the path and all. It's all here:
http://software.opensuse.org/download/NX/openSUSE_10.2/
and is looking perfectly well.

So, I conclude once again, that the F*!@##ing YaST/Zen doesn't work. As we all
know.

The only thing I don't know, is how to get the darned thing updated without
running into this utter studid SuSE/YaSt thing. I clearly need to remove
freeNX and hence download some packages manually, again facing dependency
hell.

Have you more patience with me?