[FreeNX-kNX] opneSuse 10.2 & NX

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at hetnet.nl
Fri Feb 16 21:38:43 UTC 2007

Op vrijdag 16 februari 2007 20:17, schreef Verner Kjærsgaard:
> Fredag 16 februar 2007 18:15 skrev Freek de Kruijf:
> > Op vrijdag 16 februari 2007 17:47, schreef Henrik Schmiediche:
> > >      Hello,
> > > I am using openSuse 10.2. I downloaded NX from here:
> > >
> > >    http://software.opensuse.org/download/NX/openSUSE_10.2/i586/
> >
> > Use the above URL to add as a Yast repository; without "i586/". After that
> > goto Yast -> Software and install pakket FreeNX, which requires NX. If you
> > want to test locally, also install pakket knx or download the Linux client
> > from NoMachine.
> >
> > See also http://en.opensuse.org/FreeNX_Server_HOWTO
>
> Hi list,
>
> - this is what I get; mind you, I double-double checked the adress and
all...

> "Unknown Error: Downloading metadata failed (is YUM source?) or did not
accept
> remote source. Aborting refresh"

This looks like you are using "Zenwork update", sometimes that does not work.
So apparently you did not follow the above recipe. If you really use Yast, and
Yast alone, you don't get this error. At least I did not get this error, and
I succeeded using Yast to update NX and qtnx.
In Yast you add a repository by going to "Installation resources", clicking
"Add", chosing HTTP and after that inserting "software.opensuse.org" as the
server and "download/NX/openSUSE_10.2" as the directory.
Then you go in Yast to Software, search for "nx". Then I saw some text lines
in blue, meaning that a newer version was found. Click a number of times on
the checkbox in front of the blue text line until you have the update icon
there. Then click on Accept.

--
fr.gr.

Freek