[FreeNX-kNX] Intended suspend isn't properly resumable

Durk Strooisma durk at kern.nl
Mon Feb 12 23:40:01 UTC 2007

Hi all,

The original post is a little out-dated, but exactly reflects my current
issue:
> Subject: [FreeNX-kNX] 2 Questions about FreeNX (VNC and weird usernames)
>
> 3: The reconnect, though, is weird. If the reconnect is from a session
> that timed out, it works. If it is not, (i.e., suspended by calling
> nxserver --suspend :screen), it resumes, and yet, the nxClient windows
> is stuck on "Negotiating link parameters". The session is fine,
> responsive, etc..., but when nxClient times out (1 minute or so), it
> closes the session, and we get the following:
>
> NX> 596 Error: Session  failed. Reason was: Session: Display failure
> detected at 'Sun Aug  6 19:14:26 2006'.
> NX> 1009 Session status: suspending

So, concluding; if I hit the close button and choose "suspend" on the NX
client running an NX session, I cannot resume the session properly. The
resumed session works for a minute, while another NX client window is
showing "Negotiating link parameters". After that minute the NX session
window is killed and the other window is showing a time-out.

BUT, if I kill all processes of a running NX session on the client-side
(NXWin, nxssh, etc.) it'll resume perfectly afterwards!

It sounds like the resuming itself works fine, but not in combination with
an intended suspend.

My setup:

Server: Debian 3.1, FreeNX 0.6.0, NX libns 2.1.0, Comm. NX Client 2.10-11
Client: Windows XP, Comm. NX Client 2.10-16

I hope it's easy to resolve. Thanks in advance for any help!

Durk