[FreeNX-kNX] Intended suspend isn't properly resumable

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 13 23:16:27 UTC 2007

> So, concluding; if I hit the close button and choose "suspend" on the NX
> client running an NX session, I cannot resume the session properly. The
> resumed session works for a minute, while another NX client window is
> showing "Negotiating link parameters". After that minute the NX session
> window is killed and the other window is showing a time-out.

I _could_ reproduce this once.

But afterwards nxssh was always faster closed down, than I could resume the session ...

> BUT, if I kill all processes of a running NX session on the client-side
> (NXWin, nxssh, etc.) it'll resume perfectly afterwards!

Does it also work for waiting like 10 secs up to a minute or so?

I found that it occured only if I immediately resumed the session after starting it.

And if thats the case, it might be a client bug.

You might want to try it also with 2x client, where we have the source code for.

You might also try if it occurs with testdrive servers ...

> It sounds like the resuming itself works fine, but not in combination with an intended suspend.
> Server: Debian 3.1, FreeNX 0.6.0, NX libns 2.1.0, Comm. NX Client 2.10-11
> Client: Windows XP, Comm. NX Client 2.10-16

Same setup here.

> I hope it's easy to resolve. Thanks in advance for any help!

Unfortunately no :-/. But perhaps its really a matter of waiting for some secs for nxssh to die down.

If nxssh does not die, I would be itnerested of output of session log, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\<User>/.nx/S-<server>/session.

cu

Fabian