[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Phil Stricker stril at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 10:04:02 UTC 2007

Hey Fabian,

I tried your approaches:
>>> You could strace the process to check that.
>>>

>> How could I do this? (sorry for that stupid question)
>>

> Edit nxnode and change $PATH_BIN/nxdesktop [...] to:
>
> strace -o /tmp/nxdesktop.log $PATH_BIN/nxdesktop [...]
I changed that option. The trace ist attached to the mail.
Sorry for the large attachment, but i did not want to cut the wrong parts...

>> Connecting to Gnome and starting the rdesktop-session there works, but
>> thats quite long winded...
>>

> Create a shell script called start-rdesktop in /usr/bin/ (don't forget to make it executable), where you start rdesktop with all nedded parameters.
>
> Then change in node.conf (whereever it is located)
>
> #COMMAND_START_KDE=""

> COMMAND_START_KDE="/usr/bin/start-rdesktop"
>
> or use CDE.
>
> Then you can start rdesktop via a UNIX-KDE / CDE session.

Thank you! That works, but only for one user / for one Terminalserver.

It would be great, if I could connect from different clients (some with
de-keyboard, some with de-ch-keyboards) to different Windows
Terminalservers.

Thank you for your support!

Greetings
Phil