[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Thu Aug 30 19:37:41 UTC 2007

> Do you have any system, that works in this way? Which linux distribution
> are you using then?
> > One thing I could imagine is that it can't find the
> /usr/NX/share/keymaps.
> >
> > You could strace the process to check that.
> >
> How could I do this? (sorry for that stupid question)

Edit nxnode and change $PATH_BIN/nxdesktop [...] to:

strace -o /tmp/nxdesktop.log $PATH_BIN/nxdesktop [...]
> > Anyway:
> >
> > Workaround:
> >
> > Try running a normal session and use newest rdesktop normally with the
> commands you want.
> >
> > It should be _almost_ the same speed an dis the preferred method in NX
> 3.0.0.
> >
> Connecting to Gnome and starting the rdesktop-session there works, but
> thats quite long winded...

Create a shell script called start-rdesktop in /usr/bin/ (don't forget to make it executable), where you start rdesktop with all nedded parameters.

Then change in node.conf (whereever it is located)

#COMMAND_START_KDE=""

COMMAND_START_KDE="/usr/bin/start-rdesktop"

or use CDE.

Then you can start rdesktop via a UNIX-KDE / CDE session.

cu

Fabian