[FreeNX-kNX] Authentication failed with NX client ... MORE TESTS ..

Michael Hoeller M_Hoeller at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 21:56:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

now I am lost... seems that I need some help...

I have a SuSE 9.2 with NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-02 OS_(GPL) which is
running, the nomachine key is installed.

The Client is openSuSE 10.2 with the latest no-machine-key.

What ever I do I get the message:

Server not installed or disabled.

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 8160
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.55.100 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

I am lost a little bit in the keys? Which is the correct key I can use?

I have tried to get  manuell access via ssh but then I am asked for a
passphrse. I assume that this should not be the case.

Does any one know what this indicates? Is the sshd setup in correct?

michael at akazia:~/.ssh> ssh -i /usr/NX/share/keys/server.id_dsa.key
nx at 192.168.55.100

Enter passphrase for key '/usr/NX/share/keys/server.id_dsa.key':
Password:
Password:

THanks a lot
Michael