[FreeNX-kNX] Authentication failed with NX client ... MORE TESTS ..

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 22:36:45 UTC 2007

> Hello,
>
> now I am lost... seems that I need some help...
> michael at akazia:~/.ssh> ssh -i /usr/NX/share/keys/server.id_dsa.key
> nx at 192.168.55.100

I think there might a problem in your sshd setup. To find the reasonb edit sshd_config, set the loglevel higher and look into /var/log/auth.log or /var/log/daemon.log.

If you are unsure just do:

tail -f /var/log/*

And then connect new.

It might say something like key has not right permissions or anything like that. If that is the case, fix it ;-).

But anyway, SSHD logging is your friend here.

There should be also something about this issues in the FAQ.

cu

Fabian