[FreeNX-kNX] nxserver suspending application upon start

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 27 19:03:46 UTC 2007

> Hey everyone,

Hi,

> I am running SuSE SLES9 x86_64, but using the 32bit openSuSE package '
> NX-1.5.0-90.1' with 'FreeNX-0.5.0-19.3'.  The 64bit version was seg
> faulting
> when a client would connect.  Also using the nomachine client, version
> 2.1.0-17
>  under Ubuntu.  I have things configured so that it launches a single
> application upon connection, '/usr/bin/xterm'.  This comes up without
> issue.  However, I try to launch the Citrix ICA client my connection
> gets dropped.

It might be that the CITRIX client goes into background. Or its something else.

To test that do:

- Make a script to start the ICA Client:

#!/bin/sh
cd /opt/CITRIX/ICAClient/
./ICAClient <your options>
sleep 1d

If it still suspends we need to check more logs.

Set SESSION_LOG_CLEAN="0" in node.conf and post C-<sess id>/session and errors file.

cu

Fabian