[FreeNX-kNX] It works, now for just a little problem - I hope :D

Steven Maddox (Architect) s.maddox at functionoffice.com
Tue Apr 17 20:12:51 UTC 2007

Lo folks,

I finally have NX working, don't ask how I'm not sure myself!

So anyways, this is great :D But I want to be able to open up
applications (like mousepad, the text editor on XFCE) as root... so that
I can easily edit files and save...

Normally I'd use 'su' on a terminal window and do a 'mousepad &'
But it moans it can't open the display (an NX thing I presume)

So whats the work around for this?  How can I load up my application as
another user (like root) or get terminal working to open graphical
programs normally?

--
Sincerely...

Steven Maddox