[FreeNX-kNX] Unable to get freenx to work in RHEL3

Tom Kavanaugh tomnaugh at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 01:03:11 UTC 2006

Hello Rick,

Thanks for replying.

>The client.id_dsa.key file was not copied from the freenx server to your
>client machine, and imported into your client session settings.

The client is a WinXP box.
I imported the /etc/nxserver/client.id_dsa.key to the NX client, and tried
connecting.
Still no success. The same error:

"Server not installed or client access diabled"

And when I click on details I see:
NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 924
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: xx.xx.xx.xx on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

The instructions at the location below is for a ver 1.50 client. The current
downlod available from nomachine is 2.0 which I am using.
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx

Could this be a problem?
There is no logs getting updated in /var/log/nxserver.log
What else could be so wrong in my install?

Thanks
Tom