[FreeNX-kNX] Bootable NXClient?

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Thu Sep 14 14:45:52 UTC 2006

I'm not quite sure what you mean about not having a host OS. The client will
need a minimal linux install to provide X and run the NX client. This could
be on disk, flash, disk-on-chip, CD or whatever in the client, or netbooted
using PXE or etherboot. I think PXES fits everything required into a 50MB
initrd so no local storage is needed, and it's entirely stateless.I don't
know if the PXES example images provide the NX client, but it was certainly
an option to build an image that has the NX client. I've not looked at it for
a while though.

http://www.2x.com/pxes/