[FreeNX-kNX] Updated Fedora RPM's

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Wed May 10 00:30:10 UTC 2006

> Unfortunately, on FC4 the 'custom/default script' would start
> gnome-session (eventually) with the fonts correctly setup and with dbus
> and with an ssh-agent.  Everything just perfect.  Now it starts TWM (uggh).
>
> The standard 'gnome' session type doesn't have dbus or ssh-agent which
> is why I have to go to the 'custom/default script' in the first place.

Im going to have to research what the differences are in FC5 and FC4
xstartup. I have found, however, that gdm is what actually calls
ssh-agent and dbus-launch. The "proper" way to launch gnome-session is
like this:

/usr/bin/ssh-agent /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session
/usr/bin/gnome-session

running xinitrc, and even startx doesnt call ssh-agent. I will update
the package so that nxloadconfig with start gnome-session the "proper"
way.

This isn't a fedora specific thing, however. Other distributions will
have this problem too like Ubuntu, for example...

BTW,