[FreeNX-kNX] Updated Fedora RPM's

David Mansfield freenx at dm.cobite.com
Tue May 9 15:51:17 UTC 2006

Rick Stout wrote:

>> I still do have a problem where /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc won't start
>> automatically when I select 'custom/default script on server' for my
>> session.  I haven't debugged that at all because I can just open a side
>> ssh connection, export DISPLAY=localhost:1000 and then
>> /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc >/tmp/foo 2>&1 and it all works...
>
> Thats because /etx/X11/xdm/Xsession is the default xscript, and that is
> only installed when you have xorg-xdm installed. You can fix
> this a number of ways. Here are two: NXClient > Custom > Run the

Ok.  The package is actually xorg-x11-xdm and it seems to be also
missing a dependency on xorg-x11-xsm which is actually used to launch
the session, unless there's some other configuration I don't understand.

Unfortunately, on FC4 the 'custom/default script' would start
gnome-session (eventually) with the fonts correctly setup and with dbus
and with an ssh-agent.  Everything just perfect.  Now it starts TWM (uggh).

The standard 'gnome' session type doesn't have dbus or ssh-agent which
is why I have to go to the 'custom/default script' in the first place.

David