[FreeNX-kNX] Updated Fedora RPM's

Rick Stout zipsonic at gmail.com
Mon May 8 02:54:53 UTC 2006

Hi all,
	Over the last week, I've updated and posted new packages addressing
many of the problems relating to FC5 installation and usage. I've
received quite a few emails with problems relating to installation and
Signal 15 errors. All of these issues were related to SELinux, and have
now been addressed in the current packages. As of right now, the latest
Fedora packages will install and run on an FC5 SELinux Enforcing
machine. You will need to download, and update both the freenx and nx
packages.

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Here's what I found. SELinux wont allow the useradd to create a home
directory in /var/lib. So I had to just specify the home directory in
the %post script, then create it and change its permissions. Fun stuff.

The signal 15 errors came from what SELinux calls execmod privileges.
libXcomp and libXcompext both try to set a portion of memory as writable
and executable, which SELinux does not like. I have adapted the policy
to allow those two libraries (only) to do what they're supposed to do,
and the installation now takes care of this.

Regards,

Rick Stout
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/