[FreeNX-kNX] Updated Fedora RPM's

Tim Fletcher tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk
Mon May 8 14:14:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 19:54 -0700, Rick Stout wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	Over the last week, I've updated and posted new packages addressing
> many of the problems relating to FC5 installation and usage. I've
> received quite a few emails with problems relating to installation and
> Signal 15 errors. All of these issues were related to SELinux, and have
> now been addressed in the current packages. As of right now, the latest
> Fedora packages will install and run on an FC5 SELinux Enforcing
> machine. You will need to download, and update both the freenx and nx
> packages.
>
> Please let me know if you have any problems.

After various bits of debugging on a FC1 upgraded to FC5 (via a cd)
machine I have found that nxagent has the path to rgb.txt hardcoded
(incorrectly) into it:

[root at baneberry NX]# pwd
/usr/lib/NX
[root at baneberry NX]# strings nxagent | grep rgb | grep X11
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb
[root at baneberry NX]# rpm -q nx
nx-1.5.0-6.FC5.1

Core 5 has the rgb.txt file in /usr/share/X11

I have fixed this with a quick symlink but it did throw me for a while

--

Tim Fletcher
Learning Technologies Manager - Parrs Wood High School