[FreeNX-kNX] Gnome profiles not applied

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Mar 21 21:03:43 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone,

I'm running a CentOS 4 system with all the latest updates.  I've been
testing out Sabayon to create/manage Gnome profiles.  It works very
well.

Yesterday, as part of my testing, I configured a new test user to use
one of the profiles I had created.  The profile is applied by a script
in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d when the test user logs in.   Here's the
script:

#!/bin/bash

#
# Apply the Sabayon profile for the current user (if any)
#

if [ "x$DISABLE_SABAYON_XINITRC" = "x" ] ; then
  if [ -x /usr/sbin/sabayon-apply ] ; then
    /usr/sbin/sabayon-apply
  fi
fi

This has worked flawlessly when logging in locally, or via XDMCP.
However, when I try logging in with a user for the first time, the
Sabayon created profiles are never applied.  I can only assume that the
above script isn't being run when using NX.

How can I get the scripts in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d to run when using
freenx?

Regards,

Ranbir

--