[FreeNX-kNX] Problem Resuming Session

Nick lists at mogmail.net
Sun Jan 29 14:10:34 UTC 2006

Hey All,

I am having trouble with FreeNX, I've installed as per:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreeNX

Using default NX keys and package from "deb
http://seveas.ubuntulinux.nl/ breezy-seveas freenx" repository. I am
running Breazy:

# uname -a
Linux nibiru 2.6.12-10-386 #1 Thu Dec 22 11:37:10 UTC 2005 i686 GNU/Linux

root at nibiru:/etc/nxserver# nxserver --version
NXSERVER - Version 1.4.0-45-SVN OS (GPL)

Now the install goes fine:

root at nibiru:~# dpkg -l | grep nx
ii freenx 0.4.4+0.4.5-3ubuntu0 The FreeNX application/thin-client server ba
ii nxagent 1.4.92+1.5.0-4ubuntu0 NoMachine NX - nesting X server with
roundtr
ii nxlibs 1.4.92+1.5.0-4ubuntu0 NoMachine NX - common agent libraries

And I can connect to the box just fine. The problem occurs when I exit a
session and click "suspend". When I resume the session (From official
Windows NoMachine client) the NX window takes up the entire screen (With
a big black border around it),I can't click anything and I have to kill
the process through taskmanager. If I then try to reconnect, it starts a
fresh session and all is OK untill I try to resume again.

I've also noticed, that window that is "shrunk" in the top left corner
is actually a NoMachine client and if I expand it I can get at my
desktop OK. So it seems the great big one that takes up all my screen is
just a static image of the desktop...

It's a bit hard to explain the problem so I've uploaded an screenshot
showing what I mean:

www.tim.nildram.co.uk/freeNX-resume.jpg

I've tried the same setup but using the official NO Machine server and
suspend/resume works fine so I guess it has to be specific to freenx server.

I have looked througha few times but no answer:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2005-December/002657.html

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2005-December/002638.html

Any help would be much appreciated.