[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient and "challengeresponseauthentication no"

ted creedon tcreedon at easystreet.com
Fri Jan 27 19:10:08 UTC 2006

I'm busy installing FreeNX on SuSE 10.0 - from scratch.

I've made the 1.5 nx-X11 stuff from momachine and have just found out
that freenx-04.4 might be the latest.

Apparently the kde webside is not up to date, I got it from
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/nx/

Basically, nomachine provides X11 libraries that are used by the freenx
shell scripts. The normal X11 libraries are intercepted by the export
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/NX/lib" environmental variable so the normal X11
libraries aren't used.

In the nx-X11 directory that will be made by untarring the nomachine
libraries run "xmkmf" and then "make World" because its an Imake style
make...

If there is any carping about missing libraries, just link to them and
re make.

Freenx is just a bunch of shell scripts. set -x can be used as well as
setting LogLevel DEBUG3 in /etc/ssh/sshd_config  and looking at
/var/log/ssh/ssh.log

You can strace anything to see what file paths are being used bu
running, for example:

strace -e read=0,1,2,3 -e write=0,1,2,3 -v -o  strace.c
./run-nxproxy-server 10.1.1.193

emacs strace.c;

Note .c is used to get a colorized look at the system trace with an editor.

tedc