[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient and "challengeresponseauthentication no"

Brian Keener brikeener at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 18:26:33 UTC 2006

On 1/26/06, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Friday 27 January 2006 03:04, Brian Keener wrote:
>
> > And of course, there's no "man nxclient", nxserver, freenx, knx, etc.
> etc.
> > etc. so there's not a whole lot of documentation to go on...
>
> That's because, of course, there is extremely little interest, close to
> none, even in our great OSS community, for using a cool technology like
> NX, let alone making it pervasive. But there are lots of complainers,
> moaners and freeriders, often impersonated in one single unit....

I was directed to try freenx from the suse newsgroup, and try it I did.  I
had a few questions about how to do certain things, and asked clear
questions in an attempt to learn what I was doing wrong, and figure out how
to do it correctly.

I spent quite some time searching Google and the freenx archives, and pulled
exactly zero usable references to my issue.

If all this makes me a complainer, moaner, and/or freerider, then I really
don't know what to say.

Brian K