[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient and "challengeresponseauthentication no"

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jan 27 20:53:46 UTC 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 18:26, Brian Keener wrote:
> On 1/26/06, Kurt Pfeifle <k1pfeifle at gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Friday 27 January 2006 03:04, Brian Keener wrote:
> >
> > > And of course, there's no "man nxclient", nxserver, freenx, knx, etc.
> > etc.
> > > etc. so there's not a whole lot of documentation to go on...
> >
> > That's because, of course, there is extremely little interest, close to
> > none, even in our great OSS community, for using a cool technology like
> > NX, let alone making it pervasive. But there are lots of complainers,
> > moaners and freeriders, often impersonated in one single unit....
> >

> I was directed to try freenx from the suse newsgroup, and try it I did.  I
> had a few questions about how to do certain things, and asked clear
> questions in an attempt to learn what I was doing wrong, and figure out how
> to do it correctly.
>
> I spent quite some time searching Google and the freenx archives, and pulled
> exactly zero usable references to my issue.
>
> If all this makes me a complainer, moaner, and/or freerider, then I really
> don't know what to say.

Don't even ponder to put on shoes that do not fit your feet. It's that
easy.

My comment was not directed at you specifically, or anyone else. It is
meant for *everybody* who takes my offer and in fact puts himself this
pair of boots onto his own feet that I did tender here

I've written my deal of documentation for quite some projects already,
on topics I am familiar with; my rewards were (and still are) that I
get shitloads of private mails from people (including professional
admins who get paid for their job by big companies) who think they are
entitled to request my private support "because it is open source". I'm
sick of them.

My enthusiasm from a few years ago has deteriorated quite a bit. I smell
freeriders and complainer-onlys from a big distance by now. There are so
many ways to ask for help, and there are also so many ways to moan. Some
of them pose as "a" while in fact they are "b". ("b" makes quite a few
people happy too, if they find someone whom they can complain to). But
moaners mostly rub my mind the wrong way, and sometimes I let the world
know.

FWIW, I remember having used Google to research for one of the first
problems you mailed to this list (where you had said that you had already
googled for it). I knew the answer, but I found it amongst the first 10
Google results. From that point on, I did not bother much to see how I
could donate my private time to you, when it is already scarce enough.